PHP Classes

There is a bug with counting the required number of backgroun...

Recommend this page to a friend!

ASCII CAPTCHA  >  All threads  >  There is a bug with counting the...  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:There is a bug with counting the...
Summary:Package rating comment
Author:Nikodem O.
Date:2008-07-02 15:15:36
Update:2008-07-03 16:48:16

Nikodem O. rated this package as follows:

Utility: Good
Consistency: Good
Documentation: Sufficient

1. There is a bug with counting the...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Nikodem O. Nikodem O. - 2008-07-02 15:15:36
There is a bug with counting the required number of background chars to generate. Very often, a single line of ASCII code has for example one extra character in a line so reading the CAPTCHA is more difficult then.

2. Re: There is a bug with counting the...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Debug Debug - 2008-07-02 16:52:29 - In reply to message 1 from Nikodem O.
I'm sorry, this class was developed such that anomalies are worked out logically by the developer, so that consequential properties and arguments are intelligently reworked to avoid (obvious) malfunctions in behavior.

Either way, I'll be creating the class from scratch today making it better and less buggy. I've gotten a lot of emails and feedback since I got in 2nd place in the innovation award.

3. Re: There is a bug with counting the...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Nikodem O. Nikodem O. - 2008-07-03 06:26:27 - In reply to message 2 from Debug
Yes, congratulations by the way :). The idea with ASCII captcha is great. In some time, bots will be able to read it too, I think, but for now it's the best, light and easy way to be secured from SPAM.

Great idea, really.

I hope to see this new, fixed version soon :).

Best regards,
Nikodem

4. Re: There is a bug with counting the...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Debug Debug - 2008-07-03 16:48:16 - In reply to message 3 from Nikodem O.
Well, I think about it like this.

Images have pixels. Strings have characters.

As there's lots of properties to a pixel, there's quite a few for a character. So, being able to distort the ASCII art (as my class does) and provide random sequences of letters really is a decent alternative to captcha probably one of the best.