PHP Classes

Using the class was a bit daunting at first, but only because...

Recommend this page to a friend!

class.upload.php  >  All threads  >  Using the class was a bit daunting...  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Using the class was a bit daunting...
Summary:Package rating comment
Author:Todd J. Mullen
Date:2009-12-19 11:09:18
Update:2012-07-30 01:39:59

Todd J. Mullen rated this package as follows:

Utility: Good
Consistency: Good
Examples: Good

1. Using the class was a bit daunting...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Todd J. Mullen Todd J. Mullen - 2009-12-19 11:09:18
Using the class was a bit daunting at first, but only because there are so many options & examples of how to use them. After spending some time looking at and playing with the examples; the procedure became very clear & obvious... Excellent work!

There is only thing that I wish was different and I think it may help to understandability of its use. It's an upload class, but it implements just about every option in the GD2 package. In playing around with it, most of the times I'm only using the image manipulations & thought it's not problematic; I can't help but being bugged that I have to bring in upload functionality just to resize an image. Or, if I only wanted to facilitate a .txt or .pdf upload; I still have to bring along image processing.

This is an incredible work in my mind so I'm not at all complaining, but if I ever get the chance, I would like to split the class into an upload/validator class, an image processing class, & the composite of both so that I have the option of one, or the other, or both.

Excellent work

2. Re: Using the class was a bit daunting...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Todd J. Mullen Todd J. Mullen - 2012-07-30 01:39:59 - In reply to message 1 from Todd J. Mullen
Excellent functionality, but it does seem like it's doing too much. When I worked with it, it seems like it should be split into at least two classes: uploader & image processor. Very very useful though.