PHP Classes

Use PHP class with Android Application

Recommend this page to a friend!

Access user Class  >  All threads  >  Use PHP class with Android Application  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Use PHP class with Android Application
Summary:How to access php classes via Android
Author:Mark Jeffery
Date:2015-01-03 10:31:12

1. Use PHP class with Android Application   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Mark Jeffery Mark Jeffery - 2015-01-03 10:31:12
I have been using Olaf's PHP Access user classes for user registration and log-in for some time with great success.
I have recently tried to write an Android application to access my back-end php apps and can't figure out how to log in and set the session variables from android.

This may be an Android question rather than a pure Access user class question, but someone out there must have done it???

2. Re: Use PHP class with Android Application   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Olaf Lederer Olaf Lederer - 2015-01-04 06:49:45 - In reply to message 1 from Mark Jeffery
Hi Mark,

A page on your android App is just HTML and doesn't hold any serverside code. Will say you don't serve any dynamic pages. I found on Google a solution to "keep" a login, but I'm sure it's not exact the same your looking for: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7706449/android-app-strategy-for-keeping-track-of-a-login-session

If you like to have a mobile version of your regular web based application, you should use a responsive website.

3. Re: Use PHP class with Android Application   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Mark Jeffery Mark Jeffery - 2015-01-04 13:22:28 - In reply to message 2 from Olaf Lederer
Olaf,
I took a look at that page and it does make some sense to me and I think the key item is "Session ID".

My current php application knows the user has logged in and has a valid session id. When I access it from my android app I believe it checks to see the session ID and then re-directs to the login page when it finds none.

How can I 'inject' the session ID as part of my url request so that it is recognised by Access user class?

Many thanks
Mark

4. Re: Use PHP class with Android Application   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Olaf Lederer Olaf Lederer - 2015-01-05 07:05:32 - In reply to message 3 from Mark Jeffery
Hi Mark,
I would like to invite you to continue this topic on my own homepage, because this forum doesn't (people can't find this topic via Google, login to this is painful, the functions are limited, etc.).
Please send me some email to support@finalwebsites.com and I will create an account for you.

regards
Olaf