PHP Classes

Running XbertClassDemo.

Recommend this page to a friend!

PHP Expert System Engine  >  All threads  >  Running XbertClassDemo.  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Running XbertClassDemo.
Summary:Package rating comment
Author:Alekos Psimikakis
Date:2017-10-15 21:04:14

Alekos Psimikakis rated this package as follows:

Utility: Bad
Consistency: Bad
Documentation: Not sure
Examples: Bad

1. Running XbertClassDemo.   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Alekos Psimikakis Alekos Psimikakis - 2017-10-15 21:04:14
Running XbertClassDemo.php:
1) First error: "Use of undefined constant STDIN". Of course, since it has never been defined
2) I added define('STDIN',fopen("php://stdin","r")); at the top of the PHO code (after require_once "XbertClass.php"). This handled the rror.
3) I got the following garbage-looking text on the screen:
#!/usr/bin/php -q The most interesting rule sets are for Buttermilk Pancakes, Lupus, and Macular Degeneration. Others demonstrate selected features best understood by examining the rule sets. --- Master Menu ---- 1. ButtermilkPancakes 2. Comments 3. FlowControlTest 4. Lupus 5. Macular Degeneration 6. Math 7. Matematiko en Esperanto 8. Nodes 9. OpenTest 10. SetVars 11. SymbolicLevel 12. TraceFile 13. Variables 14. Vars 15. VarsA 16. Weather 17. YesNoTest Anything else = no test. - - - - - Run which test? (Reply) --> - - You ran . !GoodBye! - - (Enter) --> CONCLUSION: No main menu choices were picked. SUMMARY: +Opened CSV file MasterMenu.xbt at Initial Rule Set -Closed rule set at Line 74 of MasterMenu.xbt

Too bad.

2. Re: Running XbertClassDemo.   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Bob Wedwick Bob Wedwick - 2017-10-17 18:04:19 - In reply to message 1 from Alekos Psimikakis
Sorry you are having trouble. Be sure to read the documentation. It looks like you are using an operating system other than Linux, which is where Xbert was developed. Change the newline string to be CrLf and the message screen should look better. Also if you read the documentation at the top of the PHP class, you will find that I can be contacted by email.

3. Re: Running XbertClassDemo.   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Alekos Psimikakis Alekos Psimikakis - 2017-10-18 09:46:54 - In reply to message 2 from Bob Wedwick
Indeed, Bob, I run your class on Windows. But LFs have nothing to do with HTML and its appearance in the browser (where the "garbage" looking text is displayed). And then, what about undefined STDIN?